Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Moving On.....

A couple more updates....

Since it's been 2 weeks since Dollar passed, I finally decided to start packing up all my horse stuff (except for my saddles and saddle pads) and put them into storage. Luckily I don't have a whole lot, so it will be easy to clean up and store in the big Rubbermaid container I have. Everything will be going in there except for my saddles, just in case I can find a horse to ride. But my bridles, brushes, wraps, etc. will be going away. :(

I can't remember if I had mentioned this before, but I won't be getting another horse anytime soon. Dollar was my heart horse for 18 years and it will take a very special horse to take his place. I know I'm not ready for another horse (as much as I ask my Hubby), and that it will take time. Also, since my daughter is under a year old, it really doesn't make sense for me to get another horse. She is my first priority right now and I need to make sure that I'm there for her when she needs me (and any other kids we have). I'm thinking that maybe in 3-5 years I'll be able to get another horse. We live in town right now, so even if I would get another horse, I'd have to find a barn and pay board. Not really my type of thing. We are looking at selling our house in 2 years and buying some acreage, so if everything pans out, I'll be able to have my horse in my backyard again.

And since this blog will remain as a memorial to Dollar, I started up a new blog over at Adventures with Horses to journal/chronicle anything horse related that I do, and when the time comes, the search for a new horse. Feel free to follow the adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment