Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Somber Updates :(

So a couple updates....

The original plan for burying Dollar was to do it on my Dad's property. But a couple things came up. We need a back-hoe to dig a grave, his skid-steer can only dig to 3 feet. Oops. It's also highly illegal to bury big animals on your yard. And since my Dad is trying to sell the place, if someone buys it and finds out that there is a horse buried there, my Dad is up a creek without a paddle.

I talked to the local Pet Cemetery, Pansy Pet Cemetery about burying Dollar. They do have lots for horses and gave me the cost of $350 to have him buried there. That includes the back-hoe digging and burying and a head plate for his name, birthday and died date. And I can also have him euthanized there, so that saves a lot of headaches.

And then I talked to the vet last night (actually he texted me first) about euthanizing Dollar. He confirmed for this Friday (June 8) and gave me the costs. Yikes! Looking at $250 for the entire thing, but that includes the procedure, his travel cost to the Pet Cemetery and the after hours/emergency fee that he charges for weekends.

But at least I'll know where he's buried and be able to visit him there. And Keith pointed out something that I didn't think of. As Dad is trying to sell the house/property and possibly not have anywhere for the horses to go, Keith said that maybe this is an easier way to let Dollar go, rather than having the above mentioned happen and possibly have to give him away again. Good point hubs. :)

T minus 4 days until there's a hoof-sized hole in my heart.........

No comments:

Post a Comment