Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Friday, June 15, 2012

Visitng the Grave

My Mom had decided earlier in the week that she wanted to see where Dollar was buried and had asked a couple days after letting him go if I could show her where he was buried. Sure, why not?

And the Pet Cemetery even called on Monday saying that Dollar's headstone was being made, but they had a quick question. I had put his 2 names on there, Cee Kay Sash (his registered name) and Dollar (his barn name). They didn't have enough room to put both, so would it be OK if they just put his registered name on there? Sure, although now in hind-sight, I should've told them to put Dollar on there as that's how everyone knows him by. Oh well. Not really a big deal.

So my Mom picked me and V up after she was done work and headed out to the Pet Cemetery. The drive down there didn't seem as long this time, and I wasn't as nervous going there either. I had even picked up some (fake) flowers for Dollar's grave, just to make it look prettier for my Old Man.

And my Mom is weird. On the way down there (we were about 2 miles out from the Pet Cemetery), my Mom had asked why the back-hoe operator closed everything up by himself. The following is the conversation we had (italics are me):

So why'd the back-hoe guy close it up by himself?
Because that's what he does and I didn't want to see my horse get buried. Not really the last images of my horse that I want.
Well, how do you know that he didn't bring Dollar somewhere else?
(Now I'm looking stupidly at her)
Really? There is only 1 road in and out of there and a deep ditch to get to the gravel road. We were on the other side of the bush paying for everything and I heard the back-hoe start up and start working. I didn't pay good money to have my horse buried for nothing.

I swear sometimes, my Mom has completely lost her marbles (or wait, she has).

Anyways....once we pulled into the Pet Cemetery, we drove through the bush, parked and found Dollar's grave quickly. Not too hard when there's a big pile of sand over where his grave is. Mom looked after V while I too the flowers to Dollar's grave, brushing off some of the sand that had fallen on there. I took some pictures of his headstone (everything was spelled correctly! Yeah!) and put the flowers in the sand, and told him how much I missed him. :(

Good part?? I didn't bawl. Proud of myself for that one :).

Sigh...I miss you so much Old Man.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he's in a place where you can visit. I imagine it was sad to go, but I hope it will give you closure over time. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete